Benefits of Using Online Simulation in Your Class
Experiential learning in your class
Experiential learning is a significant and growing trend in the future of learning. It offers many benefits, such as hands-on and engaging experiences, practical application of knowledge, and the opportunity for reflection and self-awareness.
In its academic setup, FLIGBY is used to teach leadership and management skills to students. The game allows players to experience decision-making in a virtual business environment and provides feedback on their leadership style and effectiveness.
Based on feedback and reviews, university students find FLIGBY a valuable and engaging learning tool. Students have reported that the game allows them to apply their knowledge in a practical setting and helps them develop critical leadership and management skills. Some students have also noted that the game is a fun and interactive way to learn, which makes the learning experience more enjoyable and memorable.
What’s in it for you and your students?
These are the benefits that our academic users typically cite first:
- User-friendly interface – FLIGBY is designed with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and understand.
- Customizable – FLIGBY allows users to customize the game to meet their specific learning needs and goals.
- Engaging gameplay – The game is designed to be engaging and interactive, allowing users to fully immerse themselves in the experience.
- Comprehensive feedback – FLIGBY provides detailed feedback and analysis on performance, allowing users to identify areas for improvement and track their progress.
- Global focus – The game is designed with a global focus, allowing users to experience decision-making in a virtual business environment that reflects the challenges of the worldwide business landscape.
Additionally, the rise of technology and digital tools has made experiential learning more accessible and versatile. Virtual reality, for example, allows for immersive and interactive experiences that simulate real-world scenarios and provide a more dynamic and engaging form of learning.
Given these benefits, experiential learning will continue to play an increasingly important role in the future of learning and training. However, it is essential to note that simulation-based experiential learning is not a one-size-fits-all solution. It is most effective when combined with other methods, such as lectures, readings, and in-class discussions.