FLIGBY leadership simulation is Csikszentmihalyi’s official FLOW program.
FLIGBY is a serious game software with an interactive movie design. It offers the user a choice, about which direction a given segment may proceed. The scenario-based approach used by FLIGBY is a proven method to improve critical thinking skills. The lessons are built around a series of progressively complex workplace assignments or situations. FLIGBY allows you to practice your responses to challenging business conditions whilst keeping you safe from the expensive (and sometimes irreversible) consequences of your decisions.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi has co-produced FLIGBY, teaching how to generate FLOW at the workplace.
- Designated by experts as the globe’s top business simulation game (Gold Medal Prize, International Serious Play Awards, Seattle, 2012).
- FLIGBY measures 29 management/leadership skills.
- FLIGBY’s leadership development program combines video game learning experience with psychometric game-based assessment.
- Employs real-life business simulation, in an interactive, movie-like setting; teaching how Flow can be promoted at the workplace. Aspiring, as well as experienced managers, will identify with it and learn from it.
- FLIGBY is the “gamification” of the Flow-based leadership development process.
- Although FLIGBY is Flow-based, the managerial challenges and the options it presents are fully compatible with a wide range of leadership theories, enhancing them all.
- At the Game’s end, FLIGBY leadership simulation provides an individual report to each player on his/her skillset, with a range of benchmarking options available.
- FLIGBY brings excitement and inspiration to the teaching of a wide span of leadership topics; most players experience personal Flow during the Game.
- FLIGBY leadership simulation is available as a powerful management-training tool with which to approach any organization interested in improving the performance of its managers/leaders.
- FLIGBY’s large data-set offers a unique research opportunity because the players’ leadership skill measurements are based on non-intrusive observations, yielding unbiased outcomes.
- FLIGBY promotes “Good Business” values. Good Business is a term Prof. Csikszentmihalyi explains as a way of conducting business that is both successful and humane.