FLIGBY’s full-online blended approach
In view of the current global health situation (covid-19 pandemic), we suggest switching to the fully online version of FLIGBY blended programs. What it means in practice. The traditional, 3 hours long on-site group briefing session and the generally 1-day long group debriefing session are substituted with online meetings done via videoconferencing tools (allowing screen sharing).
Accordingly, the fully online FLIGBY blended learning journey looks like the following:
- Opening group video conference (on the purpose of the program and simulation, on flow-promoting leadership and practical guides on simulation-based learning) 90 minutes
- FLIGBY online simulation (giving 10 working days to complete the online simulation individually)
- Closing group and individual video conference (a 60 minutes long online debriefing session discussing the major focus points of the Simulation, followed by 60 minutes long individual coaching sessions. The individual coaching sessions (1 session/user, unless requested differently) are focusing on formulating personal development plans based on individual results)
We prefer using Google Hangouts or Skype for such calls, but there are many more tools out on the market.
How to do it right?
In order to help in facilitating the online sessions, we have collected the following articles on conducting such meetings:
- What It Takes to Run a Great Virtual Meeting – the most recent article from Harvard Business Review with practical hints: https://hbr.org/2020/03/what-it-takes-to-run-a-great-virtual-meeting?
- This Business Insider article is more about the emotional, social skills side of online meetings: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/coronavirus-zoom-google-meet-google-hangouts-video-call-tips-2020-3
- This a bit older business.com article is about how to conduct productive and effective online meetings: https://www.business.com/articles/7-powerful-tips-for-highly-productive-online-meetings/
- This inc.com article might seem a bit old, but it even lists tools for online meetings: https://www.inc.com/guides/2010/12/5-tips-for-conducting-a-virtual-meeting.html
- This more recent inc.com article is about making online meetings a success: https://www.inc.com/deborah-grayson-riegel/26-easy-ways-to-make-your-online-meetings-workshops-program-a-success-for-your-small-business.html
- And last but not least: mind your manners during such calls: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/247012
How to conduct FLIGBY briefing and debriefing sessions? Step-by-step instructions to follow. Stay tuned!